Estimote™ Beacon Follow
Estimote™ Beacons are beautifully designed Bluetooth beacons with a few extra features that most Bluetooth beacons do not have. They can be updated over the air (from any device) and they have an automatic low power mode to preserve battery life when no users are near.
Estimote™ Beacons come in a variety of colors.
- Dimensions : 54 mm x 36 mm x 17 mm (about the size of a Cadbury Egg!)
- Weight: 28 g
- Colors: white, green, blue, purple, pink or red
- Estimated battery life: 17 months (with Cuseum settings)
- Cloud management
- Reusable adhesive
- Indoor location
Wanna geek out over even more Estimote™ specs? Check 'em out.
Once you've received the beacons package from Cuseum in the mail, proceed to the following steps.
STEP 1: THE PACKAGE
Your package contains a packing slip and your Estimote™ Beacons.
- On the packing slip, you'll see the beacon IDs. This tag is how all of your beacons will be identified. The tag will look something like "TEST-1" or "TEST-3". The TEST refers to your organization ID, while the number is a beacon's unique ID within your space.
- Each Estimote™ Beacon contains a label on the front displaying its tag.
Be careful not to remove these labels as they are important in the installation process as well as diagnosing any issues that may arise during the process.
STEP 2: THE LIST
Ensure that you have a spreadsheet for all of your beacons. The first column should list off the beacon's ID and a second column should contain notes. This can help keep track of which beacon is meant for which object, notification, or location.
|TEST-1||Introduction Notification in the Entrance|
|TEST-2||Red Painting in Room 3|
|TEST-3||Statue near the Fountain in Room 5|
STEP 3: BEACON PLACEMENT
Now, it is time to place the beacons on their physical locations.
- Peel the sticker off the back of the beacon.
- Orient the beacon so that the small circle is at the top, pointed towards the ceiling.
- Place the beacon firmly against a wall or flat surface.
- Hold the beacon for 5 seconds, and release.
BONUS: INSTALLATION PRO-TIPS
- Place beacons at chest height, flat against a wall.
- Ensure the small circle is facing the room, preferably oriented at the top of the beacon.
- Avoid placing beacons behind wood, marble, or water.
- Be sure to stick beacons to a clean, dry surface to ensure they remain faceted to the wall.
- If the beacons are not adhering properly, we recommend using an adhesive such as this to prevent permanent damage to the wall.
- The beacon should be as close to the object or location as possible to ensure proper proximity alerts.
- Beacon signal ranges from 10-15 feet, so try and avoid concentrating too many beacons in one location.
Have a Large Installation? (5+ Beacons)
We recommend installing a couple beacons to start and test them before installing the rest. This can ensure installation is done quickly and without error. in some industry standards.
STEP 4: SETTING UP THE CMS
The best part about Estimote™ Beacons is that you will not have to input the major or minor into the CMS. Your Estimote™ Beacons are already enabled inside the CMS.
To enable beacons in the CMS follow the following guides:
Once you've set up the beacons, you will be able to test using your iOS device and the enterprise app we have provided. Currently we support the following devices.
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6+
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s +
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPod Touch (iOS 8.0 and above)
We are unable to support older devices that are running below iOS 8.0. Be sure to keep your devices updated to ensure proper functionality.
Once you're ready to test, proceed to the following steps.
STEP 1: OPEN YOUR ENTERPRISE APP
Save all changes in the CMS, open the enterprise app, and wait for 1-3 minutes. This will give the server enough time to send the new information to the enterprise app.
STEP 2: ENABLE BLUETOOTH
Enable Bluetooth on your device. Swipe up and click the Bluetooth icon highlighted above.
STEP 3: CONFIRM BEHAVIOR
Walk towards the beacon with the application open. If you have set the beacon to a foreground or background alert, you will receive an alert similar to the one shown below.
Troubleshooting: No notification appears!
If no notification appears, try restarting the iOS App. If the problem still persists please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help!
Note: Alerts only appear once.
This is a notice element
Most notifications will only appear once per user session. To view an alert again, please close and re-open the iOS APP.